- School Assembly/Family Programs/All Ages
- Award winning teaching artist
- Program connects to history, geography, world cultures, and technology in addition to music
- Tom shares his extensive world travel and collaborations as Cultural Envoy
- Experience instruments from all corners of the world; from ancient to futuristic
- Extensive use of technology
- Interactive participation with audience
- Connections to math, science, geography and history
- Perfect for school assemblies, family concerts, outdoor festivals, and international culture programs
I want to thank you for supporting the drum workshop and performance by Tom Teasley Music LLC at Legacy International’s Global Youth Village this summer. Participants establish friendships with people from cultures vastly different from their own. In 2016, approximately 50% of the youth came from North America and the balance from Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Honduras, Poland, Spain, and Somalia.
Tom's workshop and performance introduced teens to percussion. We noticed an increase in afternoon drumming circles after Tom's events. Thank you for the materials on your products and shakers you sent.
Tom talked about percussion practices globally, inspired young people to try techniques and got everyone moving. In addition, Tom demonstrates a long-term commitment to cross-cultural understanding and education and knows how to inspire young people. He is extremely creative and his dynamism, positive energy draws all students in and makes them feel safe and comfortable. With more instruments all the students could get a chance to find their inner drummer. - Mary Helmig, Legacy International - Global Youth Village