- 2016 Drum! Magazine Drummie Award "World Percussionist of the Year"
- 2016 DRUM! Magazine First runner-up "Percussion Clinician of the Year"
- Internationally recognized educator
- Alfred Publication author of book / DVD set An American Approach to World Percussion
- Systematic approach to a variety of world percussion instruments and drum set
- One-day residency to one week intensive residencies at universities, community colleges, high schools, middle school and elementary schools
- Clinic tours to Middle East, Europe, Asia and South America
- Potential clinic support from Yamaha, Sabian, Remo, Latin Percussion, Vic Firth, Alfred Publications and Cooperman
"Throughout the subsequent performance I was struck by Tom¹s
teaching from the bandstand. For every instrument he engaged that might have been unfamiliar to at least some segment of his large audience, he very succinctly summed up the cultural origins of his instrument and what he was about to express with them - making connections along the way to his obvious multi-cultural audience in such a way that he never appeared,to be lecturing or preaching, but instead demystifying his cornucopia of instruments in ways his audience truly seemed to appreciate." Willard Jenkins, Artistic Director -DC Jazz Festival, Downbeat Magazine, Jazz Times
"Thanks for a great clinic! I can't wait to start working on some of your techniques! - John H. Beck, Eastman School of Music
Tom’s residency at Radford was fantastic! He was very generous with his time, and really connected with the students. His teaching was clear, organized, and most importantly related to their lives as working musicians. I would have Tom back anytime! - Robert Sanderl, Redford University