Chao Tian and I are providing the music for Constellation Theatre Company's production of The White Snake currently running at Source Theatre in Washington DC.
Chao and I as the Duo, Dong Xi have also released their first release, Out of the Blue! Please check the store to sample music and purchase!
I just recently recently provided studio recording for The Clazzical Project new CD. This innovative group performs jazz renditions of well know classical compositions by Beethoven, Mozart and more. To book studio time with Tom please go to the studio session work section of the creative services page.
I recently returned from Oman where he was performing at the Muscat Arts Festival. This was at the invitation of the U.S. Embassy in Muscat. Similar cultural programs have taken him to Iraq, Bahrain, New Zealand, Jerusalem, Korea, Saudi Arabia and more.
There was an article/review in the Oman Observer about his performances.
My DVD/Book set, An American Approach to World Percussion was nominated for Drum! Magazine Drummie Award for best drum book of 2016!It is available at http://www.alfred.com/Products/An-American-Approach-to-World-Percussion--00-44486.aspx It can also be found here DVD's
I was awarded the Drummie Award by Drum! Magazine for 2016 World Percussionist of the Year. He was also awarded first runner-up for Percussion Clinician of the Year!
Rebecca Ritzel The Washington Post stated, in a recent CD review, that Tom is ..."a multi-instrumental genius" for his compelling performance on over fifteen different instruments!
- 2016 DRUM! Magazine Drummie Award World Percussionist of the Year
- 2016 DRUM! Magazine First runner-up Percussion Clinician
- Five Fulbright-Hayes Awards for collaborating with indigenous master musicians
- U.S. Department of State Collaborator for historic performances in Jerusalem, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq, New Zealand and Korea
- WAMA Washington Area Music Award for Outstanding World Music Instrumentalist 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- WAMA Washington Area Music Area Music Award for Outstanding World Music Recording 2015
- Helen Hayes Awards 2010, 2011, 2016 for Outstanding Sound Design; 2012, 2014,2015, 2017 nominations
- Young Audiences of Virginia Artist of The Year
- Kennedy Center Artist-In-Residence
- Collaborator with National Symphony
- Author of An American Approach to World Percussion Book / DVD Published by Alfred Music Publishers
- Feature Articles in Modern Drummer and Drum! Magazine
- Endorser/Clinician for Yamaha, Sabian, Vic Firth, Remo, Gon Bops, and Cooperman Frame Drums
- CMJ New World Charting Artist five years straight
Tom Teasley, described in the Washington Post as “a multi-instrumental genius,” maintains a unique career as a solo percussionist, composer and collaborator. He is the 2016 Drummie Award winner for “World Percussionist of the Year by Drum! Magazine. Tom is a 2010, 2011 and 2017 Helen Hayes Theatre Award recipient for outstanding sound design (nominations in 2012, 2014, 2015). Tom tours frequently throughout the world performing and presenting clinics for the instrument companies he endorses including Yamaha, Vic Firth, Sabian, Remo, Gon Bops and others. His educational book /DVD, An American Approach to World Percussion is published by Alfred Publishing. Tom is the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 WAMA (Washington Area Music Award) World Music Instrumentalist of the year. A six-time recipient of a Fulbright-Hayes grant for performances in the Middle East, Tom collaborated with indigenous musicians and gave historic performances by invitation of U.S. embassies in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Samoa, Oman and Jerusalem. He has been an artist-in-residence at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and has collaborated with the National Symphony as both a soloist and composer. As an international collaborator he has performed by invitation in Europe, South America, New Zealand, Samoa and Korea. Tom earned the Artist-of-the-year award from Young Audiences of Virginia for his creative and educational presentations. His eight CDs have been greeted with international airplay and acclaim. He has been the subject of numerous feature articles in both Modern Drummer Downbeat and Drum! magazines. Please visit www.tomteasley.com for more information