Tom has just returned from a tour to Las Vegas where he collaborated with vibraphonist, John Mark Piper and bassist, Jeff Davis. They presented masterclasses at UNLV and Las Vegas Performing Arts Academy. Thanks to sponsors Gon Bops, Sabian, Remo and Vic Fith for their support.
Tom recently returned from Oman where he was performing at the Muscat Arts Festival. This was at the invitation of the U.S. Embassy in Muscat. Similar cultural programs have taken him to Iraq, Bahrain, New Zealand, Jerusalem, Korea, Saudi Arabia and more.
There was an article/review in the Oman Observer about his performances.
Tom and Chao Tian (a virtuoso on the traditional Chinese yanquin (hammered dulcimer) have been in the studio recording a new CD and video. Look for more on their project Dong Xi in the near future.
The release of the CD Tiny Planet with Woodwind wizard Seth Kibel on their project is now out and available at iTunes, Amazon and all commercial outlets. You can preview and purchase here
- 2016 DRUM! Magazine Drummie Award World Percussionist of the Year
- 2016 DRUM! Magazine First runner-up Percussion Clinician
- Five Fulbright-Hayes Awards for collaborating with indigenous master musicians
- U.S. Department of State Collaborator for historic performances in Jerusalem, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq, New Zealand and Korea
- WAMA Washington Area Music Award for Outstanding World Music Instrumentalist 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- WAMA Washington Area Music Area Music Award for Outstanding World Music Recording 2015
- Helen Hayes Awards 2010, 2011, 2016 for Outstanding Sound Design; 2012, 2014,2015, 2017 nominations
- Young Audiences of Virginia Artist of The Year
- Kennedy Center Artist-In-Residence
- Collaborator with National Symphony
- Author of An American Approach to World Percussion Book / DVD Published by Alfred Music Publishers
- Feature Articles in Modern Drummer and Drum! Magazine
- Endorser/Clinician for Yamaha, Sabian, Vic Firth, Remo, Gon Bops, and Cooperman Frame Drums
- CMJ New World Charting Artist five years straight
Tom Teasley, described in the Washington Post as “a multi-instrumental genius,” maintains a unique career as a solo percussionist, composer and collaborator. He is the 2016 Drummie Award winner for “World Percussionist of the Year by Drum! Magazine. Tom is a 2010, 2011 and 2017 Helen Hayes Theatre Award recipient for outstanding sound design (nominations in 2012, 2014, 2015). Tom tours frequently throughout the world performing and presenting clinics for the instrument companies he endorses including Yamaha, Vic Firth, Sabian, Remo, Gon Bops and others. His educational book /DVD, An American Approach to World Percussion is published by Alfred Publishing. Tom is the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 WAMA (Washington Area Music Award) World Music Instrumentalist of the year. A six-time recipient of a Fulbright-Hayes grant for performances in the Middle East, Tom collaborated with indigenous musicians and gave historic performances by invitation of U.S. embassies in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Samoa, Oman and Jerusalem. He has been an artist-in-residence at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and has collaborated with the National Symphony as both a soloist and composer. As an international collaborator he has performed by invitation in Europe, South America, New Zealand, Samoa and Korea. Tom earned the Artist-of-the-year award from Young Audiences of Virginia for his creative and educational presentations. His eight CDs have been greeted with international airplay and acclaim. He has been the subject of numerous feature articles in both Modern Drummer Downbeat and Drum! magazines. Please visit www.tomteasley.com for more information